This is the official accessibility statement for In-Silico Analysis of Proteins | Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Swiss-Prot. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to .
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 2 - Content
- Access key 3 - Table of contents
- Access key 9 - Contact information
- Access key 0 - Accessibility statement
- All pages on this site are Bobby AAA approved, complying with all the Bobby guidelines. This is always a judgement call; many accessibility features can be measured, but many can not. We have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site is WCAG AAA approved, complying wih all priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Again, this is a judgement call; many guidelines are intentionally vague and can not be tested automatically. I have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site are Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. Again, a judgement call. We have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict. This is not a judgement call; a program can determine with 100% accuracy whether a page is valid XHTML. For example, check the home page for XHTML validity.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H3 tags are used for main titles, H4 tags for subtitles. For example, on this page, JAWS users can skip to the next section within the accessibility statement by pressing ALT+INSERT+3.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive
ALTattributes. Purely decorative graphics include null
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.