Important VARIG AIRLINES information (June 29th, 2006)
If you plan to fly VARIG, please read the following situation assessment.
Accomodation in Fortaleza
We have a selection of hotels available at a negotiated discount rate for conference attendees.
Flights to Fortaleza
Fortaleza is well connected to Europe and North America. Direct flights depart from Lisbon (daily, TAP), Madrid (4 times/week, AirMadrid), Paris (twice daily, TAM) and many other cities. Flights from North America are numerous to either Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, with several daily, convenient connections to Fortaleza. TAM will also open a Miami-Fortaleza flight in June.
- TAP airlines
Brazil Air Pass
The Brazil Air Pass is the most practical and economical way to travel within Brazil. Available only to foreigners and Brazilians residing abroad holding a round trip ticket to Brazil.
- Only one Air Pass may be purchased per passenger.
- It's offered by VARIG Airlines and TAM.
- The air pass is valid for 21 days from the date of the first used flight coupon.
- Flights must be booked and confirmed for whole itinerary before departure, no open coupons allowed.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Pre- and post-congress tours
Many special vacation packages were prepared specially for congress attendees. Spouses, children and friends will also find here several possibilities of day tours to beaches, crafts, the Beach Park (the biggest aquatic park in South America), etc.
More information: http://www.brasil10.tur.br/swissprot